Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back to the Grind

No, that kid didn't do that for the picture, I'm just a camera phone quickdraw master. And yes, that's a tree that's been made into a tunnel. I don't think I'll ever get over how enormous these sequoias are! It was like walking through some Tolkien-crafted fantasy world! It's quite a humbling experience to be standing at the metaphorical feet of a living thing that's been around longer than the country that claims it.

Adding to the fantastical feeling was the horseback riding trip we took through the sequoia groves. My horse's name was Little Blaze, and we became good friends over the course of the hour-long ride.

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and this morning, our branch of the family packed up and began making its way back across the country, this time with two additional people. It's just as comfy as you'd expect. The trip was a lot of fun, and I'll definitely return someday with my own family. It's given me s lot to think about in terms of my future, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now, it's back to the daily grind!

Goodnight!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.4

2 comments:

  1. not every day you get to walk thru a tree. makes me wanna go someday

    ReplyDelete